Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blind Ambition

I can see you! I'm sure that's what our neighbors were thinking when we started moving in! Well probably not, but that's what it felt like. So first things first, blinds! I have my eye on some pretty stellar window treatments, but for now, blinds will have to do. I guess it is phase one of our window treatment plan.

So...off we go to Home Depot (our new home away from home) to blind hunt. After a lengthy debate in the store between white (faux wood) blinds and dark (real woods) blinds, we decided to take one of each home and do a trial run! Even though I knew this would mean yet another trip to the Depot I figured we would be back anyway.

So off we went with our mismatched set of blinds and a few other items we picked up for some future projects. Back at the ranch, we took turns holding up the different sets of blinds and spouting off our pros and cons of both the white and the dark wood.

















After much ado....we finally landed on the dark for the living room and dining room! I thought it brought some warmth to the grey walls, and would look great with the neutrally/Restoration Hardware look we are going for, and I thought the white might look a little too beachy keen. Since these are a touch more expensive than the faux white blinds, we decided to save a few pennies and put the white ones in the bathroom and bedrooms.





















When I say we, I really mean Matt, because he did all the installing.








































I can't wait to get all moved in, close the blinds and take a killer weekend nap! They may look a little dark right now, but I think when we get a neutral rug change out some of the furniture they will really look great!
















While we are on the window treatment subject, we also got this roman shade for a little privacy on the kitchen door.





















We have a couple more things to figure out the blinds , but we are well on our way to privacy! In other news.... it has been raining in Nashville for days and I'm DYING to sit on my patio. Come one sunshine!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new house!!! thanks for the tour!! and your totally putting me to shame. I've lived in my place for 3 years and I still haven't bought new blinds for any of our windows. It's been at the bottom of my Lowe's list.

    ReplyDelete