Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Around the House

It's virtual tour time! I will be holding up my hot pink umbrella so that you don't get lost (you know like tour groups at Disney World) and will have any necessary touristy things (like a disposable camera) in my fanny pack. So...let's go!


I know it can be hard to grasp the flow of a house from pictures so I made this handy-dandy floor plan (of only the first floor for now) here. I even included some furniture just to help orient us as we begin our journey. Who knows if this is where the furniture will actually end up...but those tiny couches and beds just make me smile. Don't know what it is about digital furniture, but it seems happy. And yes, I obviously included our cars.

Ladies and gentlemen....the house.



Well there she is in all her glory! Of course the second floor is missing, so it's not quite ALL her glory. I guess just like 75 or 80% glory. Now for the real photos.

When you walk in the front door, one day you will hopefully be greeted by a precious Boston Terrier. For now, you are welcomed by our living room. Don't mind the visitors in the firts picture (I was too excited to wait for them to finish installing an outlet and got snap happy).

Before I can curl up in front of the fireplace and read a book with my hot tea we have to get it scoped out. Hopefully we will be up and burning by next fall. To the right (if you are still standing at the door) is the dining room and kitchen. One of the things that attracted us most to the house was the openness of the downstairs. We think it will work really well for the way we think we will probably live. I love to "cook", but I hate to miss out on any fun...thus the openness makes me one very happy girl!

If you walk towards the back of the house you will see a staircase (I have pondered some ideas about the stairs here, but still don't know what the plan is). To the left of the stairs is the guest bath and what will be our guest bedroom. Matt is currently squatting in the guest bedroom so we can work on the ole master and move up there together post nuptials. To the right will be our office/music room (which is pretty much identical in size and shape to the guest bedroom).

If you head upstairs you will find a laundry room, bathroom and master bedroom. They are petite and cozy and I can't wait to start making them feel like home.


Then we come to my favorite room. The outside. So I guess it's really not a room...but there is a great patio I can't wait to paint and have a million cookouts! Watch out summer! And no that is not the wrought iron furniture I just painted.... just some left overs from the seller that I am about to attack with a can of black spray paint!


Well there you have it! I will lave loads more pictures as I start to tackle my mile long list of projects! I hope you enjoyed the tour! And I have to go to Home Depot again. Adios bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. Love it and love your happiness that you have oozing out of every pore about your life!! Congratulations Amanda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, it is beautiful! Can you have one built just like it for me? ;-) I love the classic details...trim, windows, tile...and the natural light downstairs is lovely! Congrats! ~Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, it's absolutely beautiful! I love the backyard. I know you'll have fun decorating. What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete