Thursday, March 24, 2011

Master Bedroom Mashup

When Matt and I first started looking at houses it slowly started to sink in that we would be compromising on our styles. Don't get me wrong, we have pretty similar likes and dislikes, but we are not always on the exact same page. I mean, I knew marriage was about compromise...toilet seat won't always get put down, my towels won't always get hung up on their hooks...ya-da, ya-da, ya-da.... but it is just hitting me that I might not always get to decorate exactly how I want. Who knew!

This presented a whole new exciting challenge to me! After trying to convince Matt that my style was his style, which was clearly never going to work, we started discovering this little island called compromise. It's a pretty great place!



So after a few years with my Anthropologie-esk green and yellow, girly beyond-all-get-out bedroom I happily say goodbye! And Matt will bid a fond farewell to his dark grey-ish, brown-ish, green-ish total man cave and together we will embrace a new neutral mascu-minine (obviously that's masculine and feminine put together) master bedroom.

This brings us to the headboard situation. In my mind I imagined something romantic with lots of dimension. Something like this delight from Jonathan Adler:




















Or even toning it down a bit I just know I would wake up happy every morning in this lovely bed from Restoration Hardware:



Alas, on the other side of the design world, Matt would go with something equally as awesome, but totally different, like this:



Or this guy (which I actually quite like myself):

So what do we do? We visit Compromise Island and land on an upholstered headboard (yay for me) with clean, sleek lines (yay for Matt)!

NOW we are thinking, maybe we should go totally crazy and DIY this little project ourselves! I have done a little research and it looks like we could make one for around $200 assuming there are no mess-ups!

We also stumbled on this guy we really liked from World Market when we were looking for some sort of contraption to hold our dvd player, wii, etc (more on that later):



What to do....what to do! DIY or BUY? That is the question!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda ...

    I love the house! It is super cute. I can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

    I came across this headboard the other day, and it made me think of you and your post...

    http://www.housetweaking.com/2011/01/12/up/

    If you haven't ever checked out this blog, you should! She has some really cute ideas.

    Caralisa

    ReplyDelete