Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Dreaming and Design Scheming

In two days we close on our house. TWO DAYS! Our families are coming in town to help Matt move in (I won't move until after the wedding)... and we can't wait! My mind is swimming with window treatments, rugs and paint colors. Sigh.

Every time I start to get carried away about the million things I want to fill my new casa, I am quickly reminded that 1. we are on a budget and 2. these are WANTS not NEEDS. Ugh!

So how do I take these wants and turn them in to affordable must do's? Get creative!! Last night I spent hours and hours (ok only one hour) washing and spray painting my old wrought iron patio furniture in hopes of breathing some new life in to it! I have to say it made a huge difference! It looks much crisper and cleaner and there is not a hint of the rusty, old furniture that once resided on my patio. Those four cans of $.99 spray paint were like the fountain of youth for my table and chairs.

Of course I still have dreams of Matt and me grilling out burgers with friends on this guy from Pottery Barn...


Or enjoying my morning hot tea and grapefruit on this West Elm gem...


For now my newly renovated wrought iron furniture will have to do. Perhaps I will spruce it up with some new cushions! I am hoping we can move the patio furniture over this weekend, and even though we may not have dishes or a couch we can still throw some shrimp on the barby and enjoy a first night with the new digs! We will call it minimalist living. Sounds very green of us!

As for my other day dreams...stairs. Right now the stairs in our home-to-be are carpeted. Not ideal, but it is new capret so putting down hardwood falls in to that want not need catagory. In the meantime, I am pondering just going crazy and ripping it up and painting the floor. Something funky like this...



Or more traditional like this...


 Oh well back to my daydreams.... TWO DAYS! Just TWO DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment