Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Twizzlers and Taffy

Now we know that this isn't something we had to do right away, but in one of our million trips to Home Depot we decided we needed an instantly gratifying project. Since so much of the house won't be put together for three and a half very long, long months, we really fed in to our generation's mentality of "I want it now" and decided we had to have new kitchen hardware. NOW!

So we settled in at the hardware section and compared all the options. To be on the safe side we grabbed a couple knobs and pulls, tossed them in to our buggy and decided we needed to see them on the cabinets to make a decision.

Remember our kitchen from the tour you went on last week last week?















The old hardware wasn't too bad, but it just wasn't our style. I believe the hardware was supposed to look rustic and woodsy, but to me the pulls looked a little twizzler-like and the knobs looked oddly like stretched taffy. As if I don't love sweets enough, that was just not going to help my plight for healthiness ( I mean I do have to fit in to the ole wedding dress). Every time I walked in to the kitchen I was surrounded!




















Is it just me? Am I candy obsessed? Probably. Definitely.

So after testing out a few styles we landed on a more traditional knob with matching pulls. Not that I don't like interesting design pieces, but I have ideas to bring in the funk later. Just hold tight.

So off we went removing the old twizzler hardware. We even had a good friend stop by to see the new crib, so we obviously put her to work. I tried justifying her labor of love by promising to give a little blog shout out .... so thanks Kathryn Tuck! 

So there we have it! A quick little fix that is not only cheap (it cost us around $30) and easy, but is also much more nutritious for me! Except for all I can think about right now is twizzlers!! Reminds me of childhood.

Tonight I am putting the final coat on the dining room table my parents brought us (the one that was my grandparents). Paint really fixed that puppy up! I didn't know if it was possible.... but it worked! Update coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm craving twizzlers, can't wait to see the dining room table!

    ReplyDelete