Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Musical Muse

Matt and I went to an awesome charity even last year to benefit victims of the Nashville flood, where some local well-known's took chairs left abandoned in the wreckage and gave them new life.  After I battled it out in the auction, we became the proud owners of a painted chair by the Flaming Lips. This funky, awesome chair is now the muse for our music/office room.

We figure, this is the one room where we can really let our crazy hang out! Embrace the bold. Let color take charge! Boom! So, with that in mind, I ran by my condo yesterday on the way to pay a visit to the new casa and grabbed some teal and green goodies for inspiration. My condo has quite a bit of these lovely colors, and I thought they might have to find a new home since we are going more neutral throughout the house, but alas the music room saved the day!



















Who knows how or if these items will come in to play, but they have certainly gotten the wheels turning. I can picture a collage of images, including the Beatles picture above, atop Matt's (and now I guess mine, yippee!) piano...displayed beautifully on teal walls. Bring on the drama, mama!





















I especially love the touches of green! I have four of these green tiles in my condo that could bring the same cool effect. I mean if I'm going to have one crazy room, shouldn't I go all out? Too much?

On the other side of the room I would love a day bed! This way it could function as both couch and extra guest bed. We hope to have lots of visitors...hint, hint. Wink! Something like this would be rock star. You know a rock star in the music room. Only fitting.

Matt's parents have graciously let us use a twin bed, that will eventually be Matt's (and soon to be mine, yippee!) niece's bed, so I would love to DIY our own bed frame we could keep. So I'm on the hunt for two twin headboards for the daybed of dreams! I think neutrally rugs and window treatments will keep the room from going over-the-top.

But, if we really wanted to go crazy... I do secretly (and now, I guess publically) love this rug from West Elm.

Quite frankly, I am a little nervous about biting the bullet and actually painting the walls. I might get everything else in place and see what my next move should be. Or maybe I should just give myself a little pep talk and grab my paint brush. The pressure is on!



2 comments:

  1. A few things: I love the West Elm rug!! Also love the DIY daybed idea....do it and post pics of how, I might want to copy :)

    Do you read YoungHouselove.com by any chance? I love their decor and they are venturing more in to the world of bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work on putting together a very interesting post. Fabulous ideas and very helpful information. Well thought out and well written.
      water coolers

      Delete